Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the test for the engineers in India to test their capability. GATE is conducted for all the branches of engineering.
Every engineer should start to prepare for this exam from their 1st year of study. For that they should buy their subject related books in 1st year. They should prepare for the GATE test thoughout their degree with studying their subject books
with books related to GATE preparation. This will help the future engineers to secure good marks when they give the paper of GATE. Here are a few more tips for the aspirants to help them qualify this exam.
1. Download the syllabus of GATE from the GATE official website. For that, type GATE in Google.
2. Note down which subjects you have to prepare for qualifying this test.
3. Get all the books related to your subject in engineering. Also collect all the books whose syllabus is given in the syllabus of GATE.
4. Study for at least 6 hrs per day for a year.
5. It is a better idea to join a coaching institute for qualfying GATE and also to secure good percentile.
6. Solve one previous year question paper daily to be familiar with the format of the test.
7. Make notes of important terms or farmulae in your notebook or underline important lines while reading books.
8. Practice more of numerical problems and try to solve them quickly.
9. Make a time table of your study and work according to it.
10. In the paper on the exam day, don't do those questions which you are not sure about as there is 33% negative marking.
11. Only do questions which you are sure about. Even if you have to guess in a question, only guess in a question in which you are confused about two choices. Then select the one which you sees fit.
12. Don't be in a hurry while solving question in GATE exam as it might make you forget known question's answers.
13. Try to do maximum questions but only those which can solve.
14. Always attempt easy questions first, then tougher ones.
15. For aptitude section, buy best books from the market and practice them.
16. Never stay on a question more than its time. Instead move to next. Y ou can solve that particular question later.