State Bank of India Probationary Officer written exam is divided in two parts. Part 1 is Objective test and part 2 is descriptive. Every candidate has to give both the objective and descriptive papers. In SBI PO Descriptive paper, topics are given to the candidates and they have to write about those topics. The topics are based on Letter, Essay, Precis and Paragraph writing. Here is a list of topics asked in SBI PO Descriptive Paper 2014 which was held on 21st & 22nd June. Candidates need to practice writing on these topics to boost their chances of clearing the test.
SBI PO DESCRIPTIVE PAPER 2014 - Questions asked in SBI PO 2014 Exam Descriptive Paper
SBI PO DESCRIPTIVE PAPER-Letter writing
- Write a letter to your friend to share his experience of selection in SBI Probationary Officer Exam.
- Write a letter to your friend explaining him what is your retirement plan.
- Mr. X had applied for loan of Rs. 26 lacs but he is eligible only for Rs. 22 lakhs. Write a letter as a Bank Manager telling him about the refusal of his loan.
- Write a letter to a client of your bank who had taken a car loan from you 2 years ago to buy the car but has sold it now without paying the loan.
- Write an application to the branch manager telling him that you have lost your receipt of term deposits which was going to mature in next week asking him what steps are needed to be taken to resolve the issue.
- Write a Letter to the editor for disturbance of pigeon caused to society.
- Write a Letter to the Branch manager to add your daughter's name as a second nominee for your savings account.
- Write a letter to a friend asking him to stop eating junk food and be careful about health.
- Letter to a friend who usually spend more of his time on computer and Mobile phone to encouraging him for outdoor gaming.
- Letter to your friend whose pet was stolen.
- Letter to newspaper editor about unregulated load shading in your area.
SBI PO DESCRIPTIVE PAPER 2014-Essay Writing
- How economy is related to common man.
- How much press have license to infringe others privacy?
- Global Market
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Relevance of Swadeshi on Globalisation.
- There is no permanent friend or enemy in politics giving examples from Indian politics.
- Two types function of government are necessary and optional.
- If you were minister of Banking Industry.
- Describe the Role of effective credit rating.
- How to stop farmer from committing suicide.
- Various advantages of classroom education over distance learning.
- Pros and cons of a 10 year child having Bank account.
- Tackling communication gap between the families due to mass media and internet.
SBI PO DESCRIPTIVE PAPER-Paragraph Writing
- Qualities of a manager
- You are what you think about you.
- How real are reality shows.
- A friend can be chosen but neighbours cannot.
- If I were a minister in banking sector.
- You can choose your friends but you can not choose your neighbors"
- Effects of economy of a nation on the common man.
- Man's helplessness in front of nature furry.
- Impact of Economy on normal man life.
- Friends influence in one's life/ qualities of good manager
- Influence of Friend in one’s life.
- Investment ways
- Trust and Ethics of banks
- Enhance investment portfolio
- Marketing of products
- How beginners should plan their way to play in the money markets telling about money market Instruments with emphasis on derivatives-call and put markets
- Financial Derivatives and was tough since it has so many financial terms.
- Market values and Growth
- Related to Trading and Rupee
- Banking revolution with information technology
- Information Technology
- Growth of Information Technology in banking sector.